This region includes everything in and around the city of San Francisco and throughout San Mateo County. Anything further south in the San Jose area will be in the Silicon Valley region.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- Half Moon Bay Golf Links (The Old Course) • Half Moon Bay, CA
- Presidio Golf Course • Arguello Gate, CA
- TPC Harding Park • San Francisco, CA
- Half Moon Bay Golf Links (The Ocean Course) • Half Moon Bay, CA
- Sharp Park Golf Course • Pacifica, CA
- Poplar Creek Golf Course • San Mateo, CA
- California Golf Club of San Francisco • South San Francisco, CA
- The Olympic Club (Lake Course) • San Francisco, CA
- Lake Merced Golf Club • Daly City, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES:
- Lincoln Park Golf Course • San Francisco, CA
- TPC Harding Park (Fleming 9) • San Francisco, CA
- Mariners Point Golf Links and Practice Center • Foster City, CA
- Golden Gate Park Golf Course • San Francisco, CA
- Gleneagles Golf Course at McClaren Park • San Francisco, CA
- Emerald Hills Golf Course • Redwood City, CA