For the purposes of these rankings (because I still have a lot left to play in this region), Silicon Valley spans from the south end of the Peninsula, through San Jose down into San Benito County. Here, you will find plenty of golden rolling hills and some very enjoyable golf courses. I can’t wait to explore this area more.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- Cinnabar Hills Golf Club • San Jose, CA
- San Juan Oaks Golf Club • Hollister, CA
- Eagle Ridge Golf Club • Gilroy, CA
- Coyote Creek Golf Club (Tournament) • San Jose, CA
- The Ranch Golf Club • San Jose, CA
- Coyote Creek Golf Club (Valley) • San Jose, CA
- Baylands Golf Links • Palo Alto, CA
- Santa Teresa Golf Club • San Jose, CA
- Summitpointe Golf Club • Milpitas, CA
- Spring Valley Golf Course • Milpitas
- San Jose Municipal Golf Course • San Jose, CA
- Ridgemark Golf & Country Club • Hollister, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES: