This is another region I’ve been able to explore more and more as the years go by, and there’s no shortage of great golf options to consider.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- The Course at Wente Vineyards • Livermore, CA
- The Bridges Golf Club • San Ramon, CA
- Tilden Park Golf Course • Berkeley, CA
- Poppy Ridge Golf Course • Livermore, CA
- Metropolitan Golf Links • Oakland, CA
- Deer Ridge Country Club • Brentwood, CA
- Corica Park (South Course) • Alameda, CA
- Lake Chabot Golf Course • Oakland, CA
- Canyon Lakes Golf Course & Brewery • San Ramon, CA
- Diablo Creek Golf Course • Concord, CA
- Brentwood Golf Club • Brentwood, CA
- San Ramon Golf Club • San Ramon, CA
- Redwood Canyon Golf Course • Castro Valley, CA
- Franklin Canyon Golf Course • Hercules, CA
- Lone Tree Golf & Event Center • Antioch, CA
- *The Golf Club at Roddy Ranch • Antioch, CA (*CLOSED)
- *Delta View Golf Club • Pittsburg, CA (*CLOSED)
- *Shadow Lakes Golf Club • Brentwood, CA (*CLOSED)
- Berkeley Country Club (formerly Mira Vista) • El Cerrito, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES: