I’ve only scratched the surface in the Tucson area with one great trip, but I was able to play some of the top-ranked courses there and I can’t wait to go back. Really, I would consider the top 5 on the list below a virtual tie. I found it hard to rank any one over the other as they were all very different and all fantastic. Quarry Pines is a clear notch below with a mediocre front nine, but the back nine is still worth checking out.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
- Arizona National Golf Club • Tucson, AZ
- Golf Club at Dove Mountain • Marana, AZ
- Sewailo Golf Club • Tucson, AZ
- Starr Pass Golf Club • Tucson, AZ
- Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club (Mountain Course) • Tucson, AZ
- Quarry Pines Golf Club • Tucson, AZ