I love California’s Central Coast, and though Santa Barbara County doesn’t have a ton of courses, the quality far outweighs the quantity in this beautiful area. I’ve liked every course I’ve played here.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- La Purisima Golf Course • Lompoc, CA
- Rancho San Marcos Golf Course • Santa Barbara, CA
- Sandpiper Golf Club • Goleta, CA
- Rancho Maria Golf Club • Orcutt, CA
- The Mission Club (formerly Village CC) • Lompoc, CA
- Glen Annie Golf Club • Santa Barbara, CA
- The River Course at The Alisal • Solvang, CA
- Santa Barbara Golf Club • Santa Barbara, CA
- *Marshallia Ranch Golf Course • Vandenberg AFB, CA (*CLOSED)
- The Ranch Course at The Alisal • Solvang, CA
- Montecito Country Club • Santa Barbara, CA
- Encina Royale Golf Course • Goleta, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES:
- Zaca Creek Golf Course • Buellton, CA
- Twin Lakes Golf Course • Goleta, CA
- Hidden Oaks Golf Course • Santa Barbara, CA
- Sunset Ridge Golf Center • Santa Maria, CA