There aren’t a ton of courses here, but there are a number of high quality choices. My personal favorite is Cypress Ridge, so it earns the top spot.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- Cypress Ridge Golf Club • Arroyo Grande, CA
- Hunter Ranch Golf Course • Paso Robles, CA
- Monarch Dunes Golf Club (The Old Course) • Nipomo, CA
- Dairy Creek Golf Course • San Luis Obispo, CA
- Morro Bay Golf Course • Morro Bay, CA
- Avila Beach Golf Resort • Avila Beach, CA
- Blacklake Golf Resort • Nipomo, CA
- Chalk Mountain Golf Course • Atascadero, CA
- Paso Robles Golf Club • Paso Robles, CA
- The Links Course at Paso Robles • Paso Robles, CA
- San Luis Obispo Country Club • San Luis Obispo, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES:
- Monarch Dunes Golf Club (The Challenge Course) • Nipomo, CA
- Sea Pines Golf Resort • Los Osos, CA
- Laguna Lake Golf Course • San Luis Obispo, CA
- Pismo State Beach Golf Club • Grover Beach, CA
- River Oaks Golf Course • Paso Robles, CA