(Alberta, British Columbia, Alberta, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Wyoming)
This is my best effort to group a large region spanning northwestern states and provinces where I’ve only played once. Also included is Washington, which is a state I’ve only played four courses in so far. Hopefully, someday I’ll have enough there to break it out on its own.
These ranking are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
- The Coeur d’Alene Resort • Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Banff Springs Golf Club • Banff, AB
- Chambers Bay • Tacoma, WA
- Old Works Golf Club • Anaconda, MT
- Teton Pines Country Club • Jackson, WY
- Nicklaus North Golf Course • Whistler, BC
- Lewis River Golf Course • Woodland, WA
- Camas Meadows Golf Club • Camas, WA
- Three Rivers Golf Course • Kelso, WA