This is a very spread out area, from Death Valley to Mammoth up to Yosemite and west into Gold Country. I am basically lumping them all together as kind of the Eastern Sierras part of California.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- Sierra Star Golf Club • Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Mountain Springs Golf Club • Sonora, CA
- Pine Mountain Lake Golf & Country Club • Groveland, CA
- Bishop Country Club • Bishop, CA
- Furnace Creek Golf Course • Death Valley, CA
- Sequoia Woods Country Club • Arnold, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES:
- Snowcreek Resort Golf Course • Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Big Trees Golf Course (formerly Wawona) • Yosemite National Park, CA
- Phoenix Lake Golf Course • Sonora, CA
- Twain Harte Golf Club • Twain Harte, CA
- Mount Whitney Golf Club • Lone Pine, CA
- *Forest Meadows Golf Course (aka Murphys 9) • Murphys, CA (*CLOSED)