(Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)
As I tend to do, I grouped these together based on one multi-state trip encompassing this general region around our nation’s capital. There are some really well-known and high-end courses around here. Exceptional golf is everywhere you look.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth.
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
- The Omni Homestead (Cascades Golf Club) • Hot Springs, VA
- The Greenbrier (The Old White TPC) • White Sulphur Springs, WV
- Bayside Resort Golf Club • Selbyville, DE
- Bulle Rock Golf Club • Havre de Grace, MD
- Wyncote Golf Club • Oxford, PA
- East Potomac Golf Course (Blue) • Washington, DC
- Oakhurst Links • White Sulphur Springs, WV