“Alaska” and “golf” are two words you rarely hear together unless you’re talking to someone like me that’s pursuing a 50-state goal or has midnight golf on their bucket list. I went up there for both of those reasons and played pretty much all the 18-hole courses in the state in one short trip.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
- Anchorage Golf Course • Anchorage, AK
- Settlers Bay Golf Course • Wasilla, AK
- Moose Run Golf Course (Creek Course) • JBER, AK
- Chena Bend Golf Course • Ft. Wainwright, AK
- Palmer Golf Course • Palmer, AK
- Moose Run Golf Course (Hill Course) • JBER, AK
- North Star Golf Club • Fairbanks, AK
- *Eagleglen Golf Course • JBER, AK (*CLOSED)