It took me awhile to get to the Lake Tahoe region, but when I finally did I made a good dent in the course list and I hope to return very soon. This region so far includes courses from the Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Reno and Carson City areas on both sides of the California/Nevada border. The Portola/Clio areas will probably also be a part of this region when I ultimately make it up there.
These rankings are based on my impressions of the overall design, scenery and relative value combined with more measurable elements such as conditioning, facilities and customer service (taking into account my personal experience(s) at the course and general word-of-mouth from Greenskeeper.org reviews/ratings).
Keep in mind when clicking on any active review links below that often I review multiple courses in the same article, so sometimes you have to scroll down in the story to find the course listed here.
PUBLIC REGULATION COURSES:
- Edgewood Tahoe • Stateline, NV
- Coyote Moon Golf Course • Truckee, CA
- The Championship Course at Incline Village • Incline Village, NV
- Tahoe Donner Golf Club • Truckee, CA
- Northstar California Resort • Truckee, CA
- Wolf Run Golf Club • Reno, NV
- Red Hawk Golf & Resort (The Hills Course) • Sparks, NV
- Toiyabe Golf Club • Washoe Valley, NV
- Lahontan Golf Club • Truckee, CA
- Schaffer’s Mill Golf & Lake Club • Truckee, CA
- Montrêux Golf & Country Club • Reno, NV
- Somersett Golf & Country Club • Reno, NV
- Lahontan Golf Club (Par 3 Course) • Truckee, CA
PUBLIC SHORT COURSES: